There are several ways to create entries in the Chronology tab.
- In the Chronology tab, click on New Entry in the menu bar on the top of the screen to access the New Entry dialog box.
- Add relevant information about the item, apply tags and link to supporting documents in the New Entry dialog box.
- Type: Drop-down menu includes default types (Fact, Meeting, Event, Letter, Email and None) & any custom types.
- Status: Drop-down menu includes Disputed, Undisputed and Not Set. If the User chooses Disputed, the line will RED highlight. If User chooses Undisputed, the line will GREEN highlight.
- Date: Drop-down menu allows Users to specify Date status: On, Before, After, Range and None.
- Time: Drop-down menu includes multiple time zones.
- Tags: Users can apply tag(s) to the entry.
- Description: Users can apply a description of the entry, analysis and work product. NOTE: The Description field now accommodates rich text formatting, including bullets and bold/italic/underlined text. Users can maximize customization of text in this field.
- Add a Source: Users can link a source document(s) to the entry. The Sources column appears by default in the Chronology tab and displays the source document(s) linked to an entry.
- Additionally, documents can be added to a Chronology from the Documents tab. Within the Documents tab columns view, right-click on a document or set of documents, and choose Add To Chronology.
- The User has the option to Select Chronology (if multiple chronologies exist), and either add the selected document(s) as a new entry or to an existing entry.
- To link a source document to a Chronology: In the Document view (within the document), after highlighting the desired text, click on the clock icon to add a link to this page to a Chronology.
- Click to select the entry to link to (a properly selected link will turn purple), and hit Apply.
- Once the Chronology entry is saved to the text, the clock icon will display on the note to indicate it is associated with a Chronology entry.
OPTIONS FOR CHRONOLOGY ENTRIES:
- Create a New Entry: If added as a New Entry, fill out the relevant sections in the dialog box.
- Select an Existing Entry: If added as an Existing Entry, click and blue highlight the entry in the Select A Chronology Entry dialog box.
Click Apply¸ and those documents will be added as Sources in the Chronology tab for that entry.