Apply Access Control
- Create a New Security Group.
- Add all users EXCEPT those who you wish to restrict from accessing certain files or folders.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Documents Tab. Right-click on any files or folders that should be restricted from view and choose Access.
- Choose Access Control List from the Default Access dropdown.
- Select the desired Security Group(s) that will be allowed access to the file or folder.
- Click Apply.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for each file or folder to which you want to restrict access
- If you are within the Security Group, a lock icon will be associated with each restricted file or folder. If you are not within the Security Group, the restricted files or folders will be removed from view upon a browser refresh.
If you will be adding restricted files to an active case, you must set up and apply Access Control before loading the materials in to the workspace. Otherwise, all users will be able to access the restricted documents upon upload.
Any user that has Administrate this workspace capability associated with their role cannot be restricted from files or folders. If you have need to restrict users with this capability, you must create and apply a Custom Role which excludes the Administrate this workspace capability.