Users may find duplicate documents in the workspace, between the first set of initial documents uploaded, subsequent productions, exhibits and trial exhibits. Through manual application, users can set up Opus 2 to automatically save all work product to the master document only and not to its duplicates.
Please see the Duplicates (Beta) – Automated Duplicate Analysis page for the automated option for this process.
- Right-click on a document to access the right-click menu; click on More... and select Related Documents. (This directly leads to the Relationships dialogue box in Step #3.)
- Alternatively, click on the green or red asterisk icon (if available) next to a document with known duplicates. This will open the Related Documents dialog.
- Select the Manage Relationships button on the lower left-hand corner, which opens up the Relationships dialogue box. Manually relate a master document to duplicate document(s). Use the Change and Add buttons to select Master and Duplicate documents.
- Right-click on the master document, and choose More... > Related Documents.
- Click on Add, and then click on Select, and browse to the duplicate document(s) within the workspace.
- Choose Redirect to master in the Annotation drop-down menu to force redirection of annotations from duplicates to the master document. This will ensure that all work product is consistently saved to the same document.
- After the documents are related via this tool, Opus 2 will redirect the User to this master document if a User tries to add an annotation to a duplicate document.