This article contains information and suggested workflows for reviewing documents which are related to search results.
Though there is not currently a means of reviewing related documents in the search panel directly, there is a way to review Related Documents from the parent document itself. Here are the general steps:
- Execute the search from the Search tab.
- Click on the resulting document hit(s) to display the document preview to the right.
- Click on the Document Preview on the right to launch the document to full page.
- In the upper-right hand corner of the document window, an asterisk icon in green or red will show if there is a related document
- Click on that icon to expose related documents.
- Click on the desired Related Document to view a preview of it.
- To review that Related Document in a new tab, simply click on the Document Preview to launch it.
There are two potential solutions to expose document relationships when searching within Opus 2:
- Import all child documents in one PDF file behind the parent document. This would allow users to easily access the related documents with one search.
- Add a metadata field for “Related Documents” to collect amd subsequently maintain a list of all related documents.When creating this new field, check "Show in Search Results" so the field is clearly visible to users.