Opus 2 allows users to upload videos that can be synced to uploaded transcripts.
MDB SELECTION & VIDEO FILE PREPARATION
- In the Transcripts tab, select the Transcript to which the video corresponds, and click on the Transcript name to open.
- Click on the Tools (wrench icon) and select the Upload Video option.
- Go to the Video Upload dialogue.
- Opus 2 needs the MDB version of the Transcript in order to access the necessary timecodes and sync the video with the Transcript text. Click on Select Transcript MDB and drill down to the MDB version of the Transcript on the local PC or network drive.
- Once the MDB version of the Transcript has been selected, another pop-up appears on screen asking to confirm if the user would like to update the Transcript in Opus 2. Click Yes to initiate upload.
Once clicked, control returns to the Video Upload dialogue and the MDB transcript will now be listed above the file selection box.
Now the corresponding video in MPEG or MP4 video file format can be uploaded. Click on Select Files. BEST PRACTICE: Prior to uploading any MPG files, first check if the AUDIO-VIDEO PROPERTIES are populated so that Opus 2 can correctly process the video. To do this, right-click on the video file in your local drive, select "Properties" and then go to the DETAILS tab. Check if the AUDIO and VIDEO sections contain data:
If these sections are BLANK, please do not upload the MPGs. You would need to request for new video files with video/audio details included in file properties, and upload the updated files once received.
VIDEO UPLOAD PROCESS
- Drill down to the desired video files on the local PC or network drive, and click to select all of them and drag and drop, or, alternatively, select the video file(s) by clicking so that they appear in the Video Upload dialogue.
- At this point, Opus 2 will start generating a checksum on the video file(s).
- Once all checksums are at 100%, click on Upload. IMPORTANT NOTE: After the checksum process has completed on all video files and before you hit Upload, please verify that the deponent set of video files are listed in the correct playback order in the VIDEO UPLOAD dialogue (as dictated by their individual filenames). If this is not the case, please click once only. on the Sort button.
- Opus 2 will begin uploading the video file(s). A progress bar will be filled in as Opus 2 works through the upload process until it is 100% complete.
- Once all video file(s) have been uploaded, another pop-up will appear on the screen to indicate that the file has been added to the processing queue.
- Click on OK.
- Back in the Video Upload dialogue, click on Video Conversion Manager, which opens the Video Conversion Manager page. This is where users can monitor progress as Opus 2 converts the uploaded video file(s) to a single MP4 file.
- Once the video conversion process completes for a Transcript, the job will then move into the Completed Conversion phase.
- Go back into the Transcripts tab and refresh the browser cache (CTRL + SHIFT + R).
- A media player window should now appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the Transcript page. Hit the Play button and the video will play; it should also now be in sync with the Transcript text.
- Users should only upload one set of video files for a corresponding Transcript at any one time.
- Opus 2 will only ever convert 2 video file sets in parallel; any other video files will be queued up for the conversion process and Opus 2 will deal with them on a first come, first serve basis.