The Export Manager page has been updated to display more details regarding the status of export jobs, and now provides a downloadable error report in CSV format to address any issues.
The Export Manager displays the history of export requests. Requests are queued and subsequently made available for download from this page. It can be viewed through either of two ways:
- From the Tools (wrench icon) drop-down options in the Documents tab.
- From the Export dialog box at the time of export.
Opus 2 also provides several different basic and advanced options for Exports. Refer to the table below for more details on each option.
1. The Started column reflects the date and time the export job was submitted.
2. A progress bar in the Status column shows the completion rate of an export job.
3. The Download column features the link through which the export zip file can be downloaded. Click on this link to begin downloading the zip file into your local drive.
4. The Report reflects the total number of pages, documents and notes to export. Click on View to open up the Report dialog summary and logs.
5. Clicking on Export Error Report CSV allows users to view any export errors.